Saturday, October 8, 2011

Embarrassing Questions

Those Embarrassing Questions!

Answers to the Tattoo & Piercing Questions You Were Afraid to Ask.

There are some questions about getting a tattoo or piercing that are difficult, even embarrassing, to ask. But that doesn't mean they're not valid and important questions to ask. Here the questions have been asked for you, and the answers are provided.

I want to get a tattoo on my hip, but does that mean I will have to go bottomless? How can I get this tattoo and keep my modesty?
You will want to make it easy for your artist to get to the area of the tattoo, but never do anything that makes you uncomfortable. If your artist makes you feel uncomfortable, walk out.

That being said, I think the best thing for you to wear in this case would be a skirt or dress. Not tight, and not fancy though. You will need to be able to pull it up enough, and you don't want to get ink on a nice dress. If you can't stand the thought of wearing a skirt or dress, I would go with a pair of shorts that are really loose in the leg and can be pulled up enough.

Pulling your trousers down or taking them off would be a last option if you are concerned about showing too much. I think the other 2 ways make more sense. You can also bring along a towel or blanket to cover up your lower legs if you're a little shy - just tell them you're cold. ;)

I want to get a PA (Prince Albert) piercing, but I've heard that after you get it done, you have to sit down to urinate. Is this true?
Sometimes this is the case, especially during the initial healing period of the piercing. However, that doesn't mean it's a permanent situation. Many men with PA piercings have been able to "train" themselves to control their urine flow so that they can continue to stand. It may take a little practice, but it's all mind over matter. If it's important for you to stand, you'll be able to find a way to teach yourself to do it.

I am wanting to get a tattoo in my pubic area, but I'm concerned about pubic hair. Do I need to shave before my appointment? What about waxing?
We have had several discussions about this on the message board, so you might like to look there and read some of them. You can find the link to the forum at the forum login page, and you can just log in as a guest to read the messages there.

But other than that, don't worry about shaving beforehand unless you want to. That is usually the job of the artist - and even if you do shave beforehand, they will probably do it when you get there anyway to make sure it is perfectly smooth before they start. Since pubic hair is a little difficult to shave, I'm sure they would appreciate you at least giving them a head start by shaving some before arriving if you have a lot to remove.

After getting the tattoo, you won't be able to shave for at least a couple weeks, and this may be uncomfortable but won't hurt your tattoo. You don't want to shave until there is no risk of hurting the tattoo - you can find this information in the article, When is it Safe to Shave Again?.

I want to get my nose pierced, but I have allergies and get colds in the winter. How do you blow your nose?
Once a nose (nostril or septum) piercing is healed, blowing your nose is as simple as if it weren't pierced. The jewelry really doesn't get in the way, and you learn to work around it if it does. But the first few weeks, during the healing process, it will be difficult to relieve your sinuses. It is best to keep this in mind when making an appointment to get your nose pierced - the peak of allergy season or flu season is not a good time to do this.

Getting the piercing can even lower your immune system and make you more prone to illness. Take vitamins to keep your immune system healthy and keep up with your allergy medication to avoid excessive mucus in the sinus cavities. If you must blow, do so carefully and thoroughly clean your piercing afterward.

I am thinking about getting a tattoo on my penis. Do I have to be erect for them to do this?
My friend (tattoo artist and piercer) Gerry answers this one with, "[It] does not have to be hard (erect). However, it does need to be stretched taut; the method being left to the imagination." So, what he means is that the artist, who will no doubt (and had better be) experienced in this kind of tattoo will do whatever is necessary to keep the skin tight for a good, clean tattoo. It is not necessary for you to do, or worry about, anything.

If I get my penis tattooed or pierced, I'm afraid I might get aroused when the artist touches me. How can I prevent this, or what should I do if it happens?

Gerry also answers this question by saying, "If a guy is turned on, it's a human reaction. If the piercer is a [female] just smile; if a man, (depending on sexual preference) smile or apologize. Most professional artists understand these things and don't take them personally." In other words, don't sweat it!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments